This Collings Soco guitar is a personal guitar of Banjo Studio owner David Bandrowski. It is an incredible guitar and is in great condition. Features Jason Lollar P90 pickups.
The SoCo from Collings Guitars is their entrant in the carved-top, semi-hollow electric lineup. The SoCo model as it's the perfect blend of an LP and a 335. Physically, they're roughly the size of a 335 but with the comfort of the LP shape (especially when you play it sitting down).
Tonally, these guitars are similar to a great 335 with just a touch "more" - more low-midrange and bass, though they never get muddy or bloated. This is a guitar that can truly do it all, from mellow jazz to feedback-laden rock, and the solid-wood construction ensures complexity of tone and sustain for days. The fit and finish, set-up, and playability on this gorgeous SoCo are flawless like all Collings guitars!
If you're on the fence about whether you should go with a City Limits (LP) or an I-35 (335), a SoCo could easily end that dilemma for you. Truly the best of both worlds! Priced with hard case by Ameritage.
- Premium figured maple top over semi-hollow mahogany body
- Inset maple center block and mahogany neck
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Single-bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Dual Lollar P90 Pickups
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack