'OM' stands for "Orchestra Model," but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings. Yet flatpickers also find it appealing, and when the graceful cutaway is added these OMs are often used by lead players who routinely explore all 20 frets much as they would on an electric guitar. The compact shape makes the Collings OM equally easy to handle onstage or when sitting on the couch, and the relatively shallow body (barely over 4 inches deep) results in balanced tone and an immediate response.
Cocobolo characteristically has powerful low overtones resulting in a complex bottom end. The overall effect is also a bell like tone with clear, slow decaying harmonics. Fast and responsive, it articulate with ample note distinction and a rich low end.
This OM2H Cocobolo, boasts the projection and tonal clarity Collings is known for, while still maintaining a good measure of warmth on the bottom end. The body size of the OM lends itself towards a more focused and defined tone than a typical dreadnought size, yet the folks at Collings build with volume in mind.
Comes with a Collings original case!
- Select Torrefied Sitka Spruce top
- Cocobolo back and sides
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Grained Ivoroid top/back body binding
- Herringbone trim with matching 2-style backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square headstock with volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 3/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 25 1/2" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel silver fretwire
- Abalone diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings Original Case