A solid body electric guitar in TV yellow, the Collings 290 is constructed with Honduran mahogany for the best acoustical response. This is complimented by two Lollar Soapbar P90 pickups for rounded basses and smoother trebles for that perfect vintage harmonic range.
With a double-cutaway mahogany body and dual hand-wound P90 pickups from Jason Lollar, the 290 DC offers unhindered access to the upper frets and a wide range of tonal possibilities. From pristine clean tones with rich harmonic complexity to hard-hitting classic rock sounds, there are few bases the 290 DC cannot cover.
Watch New Orleans guitarist John Fohl demo a vintage white version of this guitar below.
Named for the scenic 290 highway that winds past the Collings shop though the Texas Hill Country, the 290 is a modern day tribute to the original working man's rock'n roll guitar. A solid mahogany body and neck are complimented by two Lollar Soap Bar P90 pickups for a tone that shows off the amazing harmonic range and dynamics of this often underrated configuration.
- Construction Solid body single cutaway
- Body Honduran mahogany
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding None
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Kluson ABR-1 (Nickel-plated Zinc)
- Tailpiece Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Fingerboard Rosewood w/ ivoroid long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Pickups Lollar P90s
- Pots/Caps DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs Black top hat
- Pickup Rings Black
- Nut 1 11/16"
- Scale Length 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile Haircut
- Tuners Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Wiring 50s style
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Guitar Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Truss Rod Cover Black/Cream/Black with 290 logo
- Strings D'Addario NYXL1149 (.011" - .049")
- Case Deluxe Hardshell case by Ameritage
- 7 lbs 8 oz