This tool actually works! We've used it in our shop now and it makes getting the proper head tension for the tone your want to get out of your banjo a breeze!
Proper head tension is the single most important factor to getting the best tone out of your banjo. Banjo heads shift and stretch over time and seasons, sacrificing tone and action. The Pocket-Dial makes it easy to measure and adjust head tension, so you can make sure your banjo is sounding its very best.
• Ultra-precise measurement & repeatability
• Lightweight, compact and stores in your banjo case
• Easy to use simple 0 to 10 point scale adjustment
• Includes chart of recommended readings
• Features three scales, including one for natural skins
“Proper head tension is critical and adjustments when I’m on tour are an absolute necessity. The Pocket-Dial makes it so simple. Love it!” - Enda Scahill, (endascahill.com) Irish Tenor Banjoist, Recording Artist, Instructor and Founding Member of We Banjo 3