This Collings 01 guitar is a gorgeous playing and sounding small bodied guitar that puts out a heck of a lot more tone and volume than you would think would come out of such a small instrument. When we first unpacked it and took it out of the case the guitar was still in tune! We then proceeded to try it out and about 2 hours later we finally put it down. What a tremendous guitar for such a small package!
Incredible fingerpicking guitar, as the smaller scale allows you to reach some hard to reach shapes often found in solo fingerstyle guitar pieces when you are trying to get both the bass notes and melodic notes cleanly.
When we tried it out with a flatpick the guitar just exploded in tone! Somehow it handled the harder attack of bluegrass style flatpicking guitar without breaking up at all.
Unfortunately, this Collings 01 guitar received some shop damage when we bumped it with a camera while shooting it. There is a small ding on the back of the guitar (see the last 2 photos). Contact us to find out your price.
- Select sitka spruce top
- Mahogany back & sides
- Black/white wood nitrate strip rosette
- Tortoise-style top/back body binding
- Black/white wood purfling with 1-style walnut backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square headstock with no volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 3/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 24 7/8" Short scale Length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
Serial # 25709
Includes a harshell case